Thursday, June 08, 2006

More Cops N Da Hood

In keeping with the whole “police action” theme of some previous posts, let’s just add one more to the batch.
Last night it was quite mild out so I found myself hanging around outside my house with my friend. We were just shooting a ball around with hockey sticks while we talked, something we do quite often when the weather is nice and we want to be outdoors. After an hour or so we noticed a police car coming slowly down the street with its lights flashing. It was dark out so the lights really make an impression. Better than a rave.
At first I thought maybe it was something ridiculous like we were being too noisy and someone had called them on us. That would have been pretty amusing. The car pulled up to us and we started talking with the cop. Apparently a house on the street one block to the east had its back door kicked in, with the people home and upstairs preparing for bed. They had been tracking the culprit and it appeared that he had headed this way. Had we seen anything? We hadn’t, although there had been some strange noises in the bushes across the street. It had sounded too loud to be a raccoon or skunk and more like someone walking around but we didn’t pay much attention to it. But it was odd though so we mentioned it to the cop and even though it seemed unlikely that it would be the culprit the cop decided to call in the dog squad to have a sniff around. He smiled and said, “You might want to go inside.”
We both laughed and decided to call it a night. I’m sure the dog would find our trail all over the place out there. I looked out a while later and they had come and gone. I assume they didn’t find the suspect.

Post script to the take down of my neighbour last week.
He was back at the house a couple of days ago, apparently moving his stuff out. We saw the police car parked there and noticed he was loading up his truck. I assume the cop was with him to make sure nothing happened and that he actually left town. By the end of the afternoon he was packed and took off. Hopefully that’s the end of that chapter. Then again, I can always use material for my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home